Mark Zuckerberg organized a two-day event where he presented the latest improvements for all the platforms from their portfolio. Was exciting to see the direction Facebook is taking, basically moving fast towards more privacy with more business features and new opportunities in areas now owned by other smaller companies.
So here are the highlights:
- Completely new redesign focused on Groups and Stories.
- Meeting new people with similar interests will now be much easier. Watch out Meetups!
- Secret Crush – Similar to Tinder but on Facebook. Interesting to see how this goes.
- Facebook integration for job search, bringing candidates closer to recruiters. LinkedIn be careful!
- Unifying chat between Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp.
- Adding lead generation templates in Ads Manager. How cool is that?
- Shipping available in the Marketplace, but now only in the US.
- The possibility to buy directly from content creators, but now only in the US.
- Private like counts? Adam Mosseri, head of Instagram: “We want people to worry less about how many likes they’re getting”. This is something unexpected.
- Donation sticker in Instagram Stories.
- New UX for the camera.
- Business catalogs available in the app so people can discover new products there.
Learn more about the latest Facebook improvements at https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2019/04/f8-2019-day-1/.